You are here


ADAGP receives and handles authorisation requests for reproduction and public performance from publishers based in France (Reproduction Rights France Department) and requests sent to us from abroad via our network of nearly 50 sister societies on 5 continents or directly from publishers in the countries where we do not have a representative (Foreign  Reproduction Rights Department).

This concerns books, ebooks and merchandise (posters, postcards, stationery, etc…)

We issue authorisations to publishers after consulting you in advance in certain cases: cover, monograph, advertising etc… (Find out more)

The amount of royalties depends on the format of the reproduction, the nature of the medium, the number of copies produced and the sale price (check our schedule).

Once the invoice has been paid by the user, ADAGP pays the sums into the artists’ account every six months, after deducting its commission. Details of the use will be indicated on the statement sent with the payment.

Our Reproduction Right service only manages the rights of artists who have signed up to ADAGP to manage their reproduction and public performance rights. Therefore, artists who have only signed up for collective rights are not covered for this service.

For further information, contact:


Read the sections below to find out what ADAGP can do for you :

Does Adagp manage the use of my works in foreign publications ?

Yes, because ADAGP is represented in almost 50 countries on 5 continents by its sister companies responsible for managing its catalogue in the countries where they operate. For such uses, our sister companies use their own schedule. In the countries where there is no collecting society, ADAGP acts directly.

If you receive an authorisation request from a foreign publisher or producer, please send it to us so we can pass this request on to the sister company concerned.

As far as royalties from foreign countries are concerned, our sister companies pay us on a twice yearly basis for the most part.

For further information, contact the Foreign Reproduction Rights

What shall I do when I receive a reproduction authorisation request from you ?

To consult you, we email, fax or post you a reproduction and public performance authorisation request (standard form) containing details of the publisher’s project. It is important to reply as soon as possible so the publisher knows the outcome of his request. If you do not reply quickly, the project may be abandoned.

Please give us your email address if you have one as this will make the whole process quicker and easier.

After receiving authorisation from ADAGP, the user will implement the project and send a copy for approval by ADAGP.

On receipt of this copy, ADAGP will send the corresponding royalties invoice to the publisher and the sums received will then be distributed to you after deduction of our commission.

What shall I do when I receive a reproduction authorisation request from a user directly ?

When you are contacted directly by a user, you must inform him that you have appointed Adagp to manage your rights and direct him to us so we can handle their authorisation request.

I am signed up to Adagp and have discovered an unauthorised reproduction of my works, what shall I do ?

Contact us with as much information as possible regarding this reproduction (country, publisher, language, etc….) and, if possible, send us a sample or a copy of the infringing publication (brochure, book etc…) so we can take appropriate action.

I am being approached about an order, what shall I do ?

If you are approached by an organisation wishing to order a work, you can get Adagp to draw up the agreement for you.

You can also negotiate the payment due for the order directly with the party concerned. However, it is important to include in the agreement the standard clause concerning the fact that you are a member of ADAGP so we can act for you in collecting your reproduction/public performance royalties.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any specific queries on